Saturday, July 30, 2011

Let's Party!


This will be short and sweet as I am taking a break from deep cleaning my filthy house for the family birthday party tomorrow.  Why do I put myself through this?

We are celebrating Tweenzilla and The Boy's birthdays with the family and some friends tomorrow.  I have been cleaning the house- the Mister has been in charge of all the outside stuff. I am exhausted, cranky and starting to feel the "I don't give a shit" attitude coming on. But sadly- I WILL give a shit and then I will be miserable because SOMETHING didn't get done.

I have already had a mini meltdown when I discovered NO DAMN WATER GUNS at the dollar store...when just last week they had boxes and boxes of them. That was my only entertainment...fill the kiddie pool with water and let the kids run around and drench each other. Now that's out and my over taxed mind has no last minute ideas. 

Thankfully I have Cori...my wonderful, beautiful friend and neighbor who has offered to help with anything I need. Borrowing her  shark mop, chairs, tables and coolers...shit- I own NOTHING...



Party trays picked up at noon. Cake to be picked up at 12:30. At some point would like to get some balloons in case we run out of helium.  Pizza is scheduled to be delivered at 1:30 and mom is most likely going to be drunk off her ass by 2:00...the party ends at 4:00. How much do you think it will scar my babies seeing their mom drunk in the middle of the afternoon...and quite possibly passed out in a chair in the shade? 

Oh hell...I was supposed to go pay for those pizzas tonight. Add that to tomorrow's list. And change drunk mom time to noon-ish....

1 comment:

  1. This may or may not be me on Sunday. 1st Birthday's are the only ones we do really big and invite both my parents too. I figure a kid only turns 1 once, so I shouldn't have to do multiple parties to keep everyone happy. They do get snippy though, which is why there will be plenty of cold beer.

    ReplyDelete