Friday, January 18, 2013

I choose......YOU!

I was very surprised and honored when I found out that The Mommy Ref nominated me for The Liebster Award!  I have been nominated for this once before, and it was just as big of a surprise- especially since I am such a lazy blogger!

So now it's my turn. Check out the "rules" for The Liebster Award and enjoy!

This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support each other.





1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.

2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.

3. Choose 11 new bloggers (or with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.

4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.



11 Random Facts About Red Vines & Red Wine

  •  ü  I have a fear of open closets.
    ü  I am afraid of thunderstorms
    ü  I am becoming increasingly OCD. Seriously, the glasses and coffee cups in the kitchen cabinet have to be “just so” or I get REALLY annoyed!
    ü  I like to eat saltine crackers with butter on them
    ü  My blog used to be called Ramblings of a Wineaux Mom. Drinking a glass of Sweet Red wine one night, I happened to eat a Red Vine. Then I decided to change the name!
    ü  I love Zombie movies, shows, books etc. Especially The Walking Dead
    ü  I have had an idea and rough outline for a children’s book for about 6 years.
    ü  I have been married for 15 years this July
    ü  I collect pigs. I LOVE pigs!
    ü  I love the movie White Chicks
    ü  I used to be a cheerleader. I really really love cheer. I coach pee-wee cheerleaders in the summer. Teenzilla hates it. I made her do it anyway. 

    Questions from The Mommy Ref


    1.  Why did you start to blog? I like to write, and I thought, what the hell? Then I started reading Moms Who Drink and Swear and that was it!  I wish I blogged more- I really need to be more disciplined about it. Right now though, school is taking up most of my time.

    2.  Do you have a story behind your kid(s) name(s)? My oldest is named after Meggie’s son in The Thorn Birds (Dane) Teenzilla was difficult, all of us started with “D” and I kind of wanted to stick with that- but I didn’t like any “D” names. The Mister woke me up at 1:00 in the morning about 3 weeks before she was due and said RYLEE! And so it was. The Boy, we both really liked Noah! Each of their middle names is a grandparent as well.

    3.  What is your favorite sit com? The Big Bang Theory, New Normal and Modern Family

    4.  Have you ever been to another country? Mexico and Canada. I went to Tijuana when I was in high school, and I live about 20 minutes from Windsor Canada. Only been there a couple of times though!

    5.  What is your favorite ice cream? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. YUMMMMM

    6.  What did you want to be when you grew up? A lawyer! I was going to go to NYU and live in New York. Getting preggers at 16 sidelined that!  I started teaching preschool when Teenzilla was 2, and never looked back. Now my goal is to teach special ed with a focus on ASD and implement an ASD program in our school district.

    7.  Are you allergic to anything? Walnuts- funny story- our wedding cake was made by my sister’s mother-in-law and was full of walnuts! I could only have a teeny tiny bite and even that made my tongue itchy

    8.  What state would you move to if you could? If I could afford it, I would move back to California. Temperate climate, we were right by the ocean, I loved it- except for the cost of living!

    9.  What is something you want to accomplish before 2013 is over? Lose 20 pounds and to get through these damn algebra classes without killing anyone!

     10. Who is your celebrity crush? Hmmm…. I guess I would have to say Nathan Fillion- he is so damn sexy, and funny. I bet he is amazingly cool in real life!

    11. What were you doing at 8am this morning? Shooing kids off to class as I left my part time job as a morning latchkey provider. 

       Questions from me to my nominees- you know- to stalk them better!

    1) Are you a Night Owl or Morning Person?
    2) What is/are your favorite book(s)?
    3) How many kiddos do you have?
    4) Why did you start a blog?
    5) What's your favorite junk food?
    6) What did you want to be when you grew up?
    7) If someone offered you $20 million dollars, but you had to give up one of your senses, would you? Which sense?
    8) What is your favorite movie? One that you will watch over and over and over?
    9) If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
    10) What is your favorite color?
    11) If it could be one season all the time, what would you pick? 

       
        and now MY PICKS for the Liebster Award- go check them out- they are awesome!


    Yep- pretty much all Autism related- but all wonderful blogs, and you should check them out!






1 comment:

  1. Love love love it! I am not sure why you are not more "liked". Love it! Saltines with butter, yum!

    ReplyDelete