Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's not Christmas YET!! Let's sing Turkey Carols!







I hate how Christmas begins in October. I hate going into a store and hearing Christmas carols BEFORE Thanksgiving. I know I am not alone.  As much as I love the holiday season- I really, really hate that it starts so damn early.

So in the spirit of Turkey Day- let me introduce you some Thanksgiving Day Carols...I am sure you can figure out the tunes on your own. Enjoy! 



HERE COMES THANKSGIVING

Here comes Thanksgiving

Here comes Thanksgiving

Long before Christmas Day

No jingle bells, no Christmas trees

No songs about a sleigh

We will eat and we will sleep

We’ll watch some football games

Cause it is almost Thanksgiving

And it’s long before Christmas Day!


A THANKSGIVING SONG

Tur-KEY roasting on an open fire,
Gravy cooking on the stove.
Thanksgiving carols being sung by a fire,
Our eyes as big as Oreos.
Everybody knows some turkey and some cranberries
Help to make the season bright.
Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow
Will find it hard to sleep tonight.
They know Thanks-GIHHHHVVV-ing’s on its way,
And that means lots of white and dark meat on a tray.
And every mother’s child is gonna try
To see if they can eat everything on the table and not die.
And so I’m offering this simple phrase
For kids from 1 to 92.
Although it’s been said, many times, many ways,
Merry Turkeyday
Tooooooooooooooooooooo
You.

THANKSGIVING

I’m dreaming of a Thanks-giving
Just like the ones I used to know.
Where the turkeys glisten
And children listen
To hear someone at the do’.
I’m dreaming of a Thanks-giving
With every mouthful that I bite.
May your days be merry and bright.
And may all your Thanksgivings-es be all right.

Here's hoping that you will be singing these LOUDLY the next time you are in a store that insists on Christmas carols too damn early.  Who knows, maybe it will catch on! 







1 comment:

  1. YES!!! You are my hero!

    I was in the outlet mall earlier and they were belting out the Christmas tunes and getting their black Friday sale stuff up (which irritated me even more considering that's a week away).

    I'll be singing these REALLY loudly for a few days! ;-)

    ReplyDelete