Saturday, April 14, 2012

I LOVE winning stuff!!

First of all let me say- I am an attention WHORE! Those of you who follow my FB page Red Vines and Red Wine are already well aware of that fact! But I also ADORE pimping others that have inspired me, made me laugh, made me cry, made me wonder, made me question, and gave me answers.

So I was THRILLED when  Katie at The Somewhat Sane Mom  nominated ME for the Liebster Award!  Liebster is German for friendship, and having just found The Somewhat Sane Mom- I was thrilled she thought of me!   Katie is the mom of THREE daughters (she must have a lifetime supply of Xanax!) and ALSO runs a daycare out of her home! (I think "Somewhat" Sane might be an overstatement!)  She is a very funny gal, and her blog The Ultimate Reality Competition Show: Disney vs. Nick Jr had me cracking up! My kids are beyond those channels now(well, The Boy has lapses and watches every now and again!) but I can remember those days WELL! ( and I do not miss them...nope, not at all!)

So here is how it works: 

  1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
  2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
  3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
  4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 lesser-known blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed & give a little blurb about why you chose each blog.
  5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.



    1) Bacon and Juice BoxesJerry is the dad of 2 kiddos, his 7 year old has autism. He and his wife Jo Ann are navigating the world of raising their kids and learning all the time. I love "Daddy" blogs- and this one is no exception. He refers to his blog as HIS therapy- and his post Aren't we all on the spectrum? mirrored so many of my feelings, especially as I have learned to be so much more observant of people around me, as well as being more introspective! A wonderful blog that you need to check out!

    2)Mama's Turn Now- Sharon is the mom of 2- her son has Asperger's Syndrome. Hubby travels a lot, and she is BUSY! Like so many parents (moms especially it seems) she is looking for balance- a very elusive thing for any parent, especially one with a child on the spectrum. I love her post Things To Do When You Are Home Sick- by my 8 year old daughter Gracie- her daughter who is not on the spectrum sounds like she is a handful, and this post is adorable, and sweet! 


    3)Laughing Through Tears: Two women, four autism diagnoses, many cocktails. - Erica and Lisa are on my 20 top people to meet and get shitfaced with! They are hilarious, down to Earth and amazing- each one has a distinct personality and both are amazing! The songs have to be my favorite- especially Boy, Put Your Pull Ups On!

    http://laughingthroughtears.com/



    4)Caffeinated Autism Mom- Really, what mom isn't caffeinated? She has 2 boys on the spectrum and needs all the caffeine she can get to run them around, and chase them around! I love how she describes herself as "slightly crunchy" too! Her blog World Autism Awareness Day 2012 was wonderfully written- with facts, and hopefully anyone who read it was sufficiently frightened enough to do just as she said-speak to your legislators. 

    5)And last but not least- White Picket Fence? I think Not- She is the only one on THIS list of awesometicity that isn't autism related- but this chic is funny as hell!!  Read her Here Goes Nothing post- she gives us a glimpse into her life, and her survival of domestic abuse (even though she says that sounds cliche!)  A full time mom and student too- she cracks me up- and her little man is ADORABLE! 


    So there they are- my nominees- each one an amazing blogger in their own right, and each one definitely worth your time!

    Also- the first 4 (and me too) are onTop Autism Blogs- so go find them (and me too!) and give them (and me too!) a "like"!



2 comments:

  1. I'm honored! I could have SO used you when the teachers at his pre-school diagnosed him as autistic! I thought his life WAS OVER! I was really dumb looking back but this was a little more than 2.5 years ago, I didn't know any better. After I was done crying, I slammed my hands on the table and said, "OK! Let's do this thing! When do we test him?" They applauded my 'take charge attitude' and then said they would test him in the fall. IT WAS MAY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! They actually expected me to spend the WHOLE summer wondering and worrying! I got home, called our physician and after a couple weeks and some referrals we had our screening appt. The clinic confirmed what I sort of suspected all along. To quote the DR., "He has 'personality quirks' I'll give you that, but it's not autism." I came to find out that my son's pre-school gets extra state funding for students they deem "autistic." I have SO much respect for parents of autistic children and feel ashamed that my son's school thought it was ok to corral me in with an ELITE group of parents. I think it trivializes what parents of your stature deal with on a daily basis. YOU GUYS ARE THE TRUE HEROES HERE! *mwah!* Thanks SO much for the shout out! I really am honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'll get to work and pass this along. It's an honor to be mentioned with such awesome blogs! -Jerry (Bacon and Juice Boxes)

    ReplyDelete