So I was THRILLED when Katie at The Somewhat Sane Mom nominated ME for the Liebster Award! Liebster is German for friendship, and having just found The Somewhat Sane Mom- I was thrilled she thought of me! Katie is the mom of THREE daughters (she must have a lifetime supply of Xanax!) and ALSO runs a daycare out of her home! (I think "Somewhat" Sane might be an overstatement!) She is a very funny gal, and her blog The Ultimate Reality Competition Show: Disney vs. Nick Jr had me cracking up! My kids are beyond those channels now(well, The Boy has lapses and watches every now and again!) but I can remember those days WELL! ( and I do not miss them...nope, not at all!)
So here is how it works:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 lesser-known blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed & give a little blurb about why you chose each blog.
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.1) Bacon and Juice Boxes- Jerry is the dad of 2 kiddos, his 7 year old has autism. He and his wife Jo Ann are navigating the world of raising their kids and learning all the time. I love "Daddy" blogs- and this one is no exception. He refers to his blog as HIS therapy- and his post Aren't we all on the spectrum? mirrored so many of my feelings, especially as I have learned to be so much more observant of people around me, as well as being more introspective! A wonderful blog that you need to check out!2)Mama's Turn Now- Sharon is the mom of 2- her son has Asperger's Syndrome. Hubby travels a lot, and she is BUSY! Like so many parents (moms especially it seems) she is looking for balance- a very elusive thing for any parent, especially one with a child on the spectrum. I love her post Things To Do When You Are Home Sick- by my 8 year old daughter Gracie- her daughter who is not on the spectrum sounds like she is a handful, and this post is adorable, and sweet!3)Laughing Through Tears: Two women, four autism diagnoses, many cocktails. - Erica and Lisa are on my 20 top people to meet and get shitfaced with! They are hilarious, down to Earth and amazing- each one has a distinct personality and both are amazing! The songs have to be my favorite- especially Boy, Put Your Pull Ups On!
http://laughingthroughtears.com/4)Caffeinated Autism Mom- Really, what mom isn't caffeinated? She has 2 boys on the spectrum and needs all the caffeine she can get to run them around, and chase them around! I love how she describes herself as "slightly crunchy" too! Her blog World Autism Awareness Day 2012 was wonderfully written- with facts, and hopefully anyone who read it was sufficiently frightened enough to do just as she said-speak to your legislators.5)And last but not least- White Picket Fence? I think Not- She is the only one on THIS list of awesometicity that isn't autism related- but this chic is funny as hell!! Read her Here Goes Nothing post- she gives us a glimpse into her life, and her survival of domestic abuse (even though she says that sounds cliche!) A full time mom and student too- she cracks me up- and her little man is ADORABLE!So there they are- my nominees- each one an amazing blogger in their own right, and each one definitely worth your time!Also- the first 4 (and me too) are onTop Autism Blogs- so go find them (and me too!) and give them (and me too!) a "like"!